Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Things are changing....

See the bumble bee? These bees were so busy working that they didn't even mind me snapping a few pictures :) 

I'm usually not a fan of change, but this year I am trying to be more welcoming.

It's almost spring, two more days. I'm noticing the weather is changing. The flowers are starting to bloom, the air is warmer, and the sun is shining longer here in California (thank you day light savings).

Change is all around us; everyday we're changing. However, I'm a creature of habit. When I go out to eat, I order the same thing. I order the same drink at Starbucks. I drive the same way to work, etc.
However, sometimes, I have to face bigger changes.



The biggest change I have had to adjust to this year is school. I began my school journey to Pacific Oaks in January to earn my bachelors degree in Human Development. Online school is no joke. I have never felt busier or more committed (besides my marriage) in my life. Because of this,  I've been staying up later, my priorities have shifted, and I am learning a lot. Not only am I learning a lot of educational facts in my studies, I am learning a lot about myself.

I've also been preparing myself for some upcoming changes. Although these changes are positive, it's still something new, and change can bring on a lot of stress for me, both positive and negative. In May I will be moving job sites (through my current job) and begin working at a brand new preschool built from the ground up. I will be in a classroom with 24 kids and two new co-workers. I am so excited, but so nervous. 

Although I love school, it's been a real challenge keeping up with everything. It's definitely shown me      that I have the mental capability to push myself further than I expected. I've been making lots of lists and making time to get outside during the evenings (after I'm home from my day job) to make sure I am getting fresh air, even if that means staying up late to finish my homework. I've given up lunch breaks to do reading, and I've made a lot of sacrifices such as giving up time with friends and some of my other hobbies. I am making it happen by making little adjustments here and there.

How do you handle change? Are you affected or you are go with the flow type? 

Thanks for reading and happy spring!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting about the new work place! I bet it will be great and you will love it, Krystal!

    I used to be the type - go with the flow but lately I am a fighter. I try to adjust to the change as soon as possible and get the best of it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but it is all about the journey, right?

    Btw, I'm happy to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete